Seasonal fruits are perfect for making cocktails. This week’s mojito is made with ripe, local peaches. It’s light, refreshing and… as you can imagine… incredibly delicious!
active time: 10 min
- 1/2 large lime – cut in 1/4” pieces
- 1/8” x 1” slice fresh ginger – cut in 1/8” pieces
- 8 large mint leaves
- 2 1/2 teaspoons organic sugar
- 1 medium ripe peach – pit removed and cut in 1” pieces
- 3 oz (89ml) white rum
- 3/4 oz (22ml) Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur
- 1/2 teaspoon peach bitters
- club soda or sparkling water
- 2 peach slices as garnish
- Step 1: Place the lime, ginger, mint leaves and sugar in a mixing glass. Using a muddler, crush the ingredients until the sugar has dissolved and the lime has released its juice. Add the peach and continue to muddle until the peach is well mashed and has released its juice. Top with ice cubes, rum, liqueur and bitters. Shake vigorously until very cold.
- Step 2: Place a few ice cubes in 2 tumblers. Strain the mixture into the glasses. Top with a little club soda or sparkling water (the proportion should be 3 parts drink to 1 part club soda). Garnish with a peach slice and serve immediately.
Free 30-day trial. No credit card required.
Food & Style Club is Viviane’s new interactive, multimedia cookbook you can make your own. Get exclusive new recipes weekly, add your own recipes, peruse wine notes—even chat directly with Viviane. It’s a cooking class built into every recipe!
Fee Brothers Peach Bitters
My favorite muddler. It does the job in a flash!
Disclaimer: As always, my point of view is my own. I do not accept samples, and have no commercial relationship with any product, food or wine company.