This utterly delicious and sophisticated mojito is topped with Champagne or sparkling wine instead of club soda. I serve it with no ice, so as not to dilute the delicious bubbles.
A mojito on stilettos!
active time: 10 min
- 1/2 large lemon – cut in 1/4” pieces
- 6 large mint leaves
- 3 teaspoons organic sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries (3oz) (85gr)
- 3 oz (89ml) white rum
- 3/4 oz (22ml) raspberry liqueur
- Champagne or sparkling wine
- fresh mint as garnish
- fresh raspberries as garnish
- Step 1: Place the lemon, mint leaves and sugar in a mixing glass. Using a muddler, crush the ingredients until the sugar has dissolved and the lemon has released its juice. Add the raspberries and continue to muddle until the raspberries are well mashed and have released their juices. Top with ice cubes, rum and liqueur. Shake vigorously until very cold.
- Step 2: Strain the mixture into two Champagne glasses. Top with a little Champagne or sparkling wine (the proportion should be 3 parts drink to 1 part Champagne). Garnish each glass with a mint leaf and a fresh raspberry threaded through a cocktail pick. Serve immediately.
Food & Style Club is Viviane’s new interactive, multimedia cookbook you can make your own. Get exclusive new recipes weekly, add your own recipes, peruse wine notes—even chat directly with Viviane. It’s a cooking class built into every recipe!
No credit card required.
My favorite muddler. It does the job in a flash!
Disclaimer: As always, my point of view is my own. I do not accept samples, and have no commercial relationship with any product, food or wine company.