Crisp, cooling summer blues

August 10, 2012

Navy and white, a classic pairing that’s sophisticated yet casual. The colors evoke warm summer days, blue skies, ocean breezes and lazy lunches al fresco.

Mini geometric-patterned napkins bring a modern feel to a casual table setting.

Tonal stripes, abstract florals and graphic patterns are whimsical, cheerful, fresh.

A simple glass of iced water looks thirst-quenching when dressed in this turquoise Hobnail Tumbler.

This dark rum mojito with basil would be right at home in that gorgeous turquoise tumbler!

Kelly July 14, 2011 at 9:40 am

Gorgeous pictures, I love this pairing! Since I started food styling, it’s SO hard not to buy something every time I’m out and see color plates, place mats or pretty napkins. It’s an addiction, these look great!! :)

Rachel @ My Naturally Frugal Family July 14, 2011 at 9:49 am

I LOVE these blues and the pictures are awesome.
I have to stay away from linens as I would buy way too many…I just get so wrapped up in all of the color choices.

Alida @ Alida's Kitchen July 14, 2011 at 12:39 pm

I love the blue and white combination. You have such an artistic eye. These pictures are beautiful!

Adora's Box July 14, 2011 at 2:33 pm

How gorgeous! Thanks for the tips. I always have a hard time choosing which goes with which.

Maya@Foodiva's Kitchen July 15, 2011 at 12:19 pm

I rather suck at food styling so your tips here are a Godsend! So useful to know… I love your blog already, and I haven’t even looked at a single recipe yet ;-).

Viviane July 15, 2011 at 12:24 pm

Thank you for your comments everyone… I know exactly how most of you feel about buying too many linens. I try to stick to my favorite colors and blue is definitely high on that list.

Maya, you really put a smile on my face!

Sandra July 18, 2011 at 9:47 pm

I see I’m not the only one who can’t resist buying beautiful props. Thanks for such great posts and picttures. As a food styling newbie they’re very helpful.

Viviane July 22, 2011 at 3:32 pm