This side vegetable might be super-simple to prepare, but it is absolutely delicious nonetheless. All that’s required is to make the tarragon butter and toss the blanched beans with it, and you end up with a side that’s superbly flavorful.
But that’s not all… These delectable beans are so versatile, they can be served with just about any summery meal!
Haricots Verts with Tarragon Butter
active time: 15 min
For the tarragon butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter – at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the haricots verts
- 1 tablespoon sea salt (to boil the haricots verts)
- 1 1/4 lbs (565 g) haricots verts (or green beans) – stem ends trimmed and left whole
- Step 1: Place the butter in a small bowl. Add the tarragon, salt and pepper. Stir until well blended and set aside.
- Step 2: Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Add the salt and haricots verts. Boil for 3 to 4 minutes (depending on their size) until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add the tarragon butter. Stir well and serve immediately.
- Cook’s note: If using regular green beans for this recipe, you’ll need to boil them for a minute or two longer as they are larger than haricots verts.
Food & Style Club is Viviane’s new interactive, multimedia cookbook you can make your own. Get exclusive new recipes weekly, add your own recipes, peruse wine notes—even chat directly with Viviane. It’s a cooking class built into every recipe!
No credit card required.
Disclaimer: As always, my point of view is my own. I do not accept samples, and have no commercial relationship with any product, food or wine company.