Apricot Mojito with lemon balm
Apricot season is very short-lived, and you have to make the most of it. So aside from eating them on their own (or in sumptuous desserts), why not enjoy them in cocktails — as in this mojito?
Here the aromatic fruits are muddled with lemon balm and mint to make a truly refreshing, seasonal libation.
Apricot mojito with lemon balm
active time: 10 min
- 1/2 large lime – cut in 1/4″ pieces
- 6 large lemon balm leaves
- 4 large mint leaves
- 3 teaspoons organic sugar
- 2 medium ripe apricots – pit removed and cut in 1″ pieces
- 3 oz (90 ml) light rum
- 3/4 oz (20 ml) apricot liqueur or Cognac
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- club soda or sparkling water
- lemon balm or mint as garnish
- Step 1: Place the lime, lemon balm, mint and sugar in a mixing glass. Using a muddler, crush the ingredients until the sugar has dissolved and the lime has released its juice. Add the apricot pieces and continue muddling until apricot is completely mashed. Add the rum, liqueur and bitters. Add several large ice cubes and shake vigorously until chilled.
- Step 2: Fill 2 tumblers with ice. Strain the mixture into the glasses. Top with a little club soda or sparkling water (the proportion should be 3 parts drink to 1 part club soda). Garnish with a lemon balm leaf or mint leaf and serve.