Apricot smoothie with almond milk and lemon balm A healthy fruit smoothie recipe that’s loaded with flavor
A delicious, easy-to-make smoothie that’ll satisfy kids and adults alike
This smoothie is all about the marvelous flavor of ripe apricots. The roasted almonds and almond milk add a nutty flavor to the drink, without making it rich… and the lemon balm infuses it with its delicate herbal essence.
Try it for breakfast!
The smoothie is refreshing, light and incredibly delicious – perfect for breakfast or as a pick-me-up on a warm summer day.
Apricot smoothie with almond milk and lemon balm
makes 32 oz (95 cl) or serves 4
active time: 10 min
- 1 lb (455 g) ripe apricots (about 6 medium) – pitted and quartered
- 2 tablespoons roasted, unsalted almonds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest (use a microplane grater)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 6 large leaves lemon balm (or fresh mint)
- 1 1/4 cups (295 ml) unsweetened almond milk – chilled
- 8 large ice cubes – crushed
- lemon balm sprigs (or mint sprigs) as garnish
- Place the apricots, almonds and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until very finely chopped. Add the lemon zest, honey, lemon balm, almond milk and crushed ice and process until very smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour into glasses, garnish with the lemon balm sprigs and serve.
- To crush the ice cubes, place them in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin – it makes the job easy and mess-free.