Here’s a refreshing, colorful and absolutely mouthwatering concoction… The coconut water, which is superb with the tequila and blackcurrant liqueur, gives this cocktail an exotic flavor. Plus, the burnt lemon peels make a lovely garnish and bring a touch of smokiness to the drink.
Blackcurrant cocktail with coconut water and burnt lemon peel
active time: 10 min
- 1 cup coconut water (unsweetened)
- 3 oz (190 ml) silver tequila
- 1 1/2 oz (45 ml) blackcurrant liqueur or crème de cassis
- 1 1/2 oz (45 ml) lemon juice
- 4 dashes lemon bitters
- 2 strips lemon peel (use a vegetable hand-peeler)
- Fill a mixing glass with several large ice cubes. Add the coconut water, tequila, blackcurrant liqueur, lemon juice and bitters. Stir until chilled. Strain into two tall glasses filled with several ice cubes. Hold the lemon peels over an open flame until the edges are burnt and add them to the cocktail. Serve immediately.