This utterly delicious and sophisticated mojito is topped with Champagne or sparkling wine instead of club soda. I serve it with no ice, so as not to dilute the delicious bubbles.
A mojito on stilettos!
active time: 10 min
- 1/2 large lemon – cut in 1/4″ pieces
- 6 large mint leaves
- 3 teaspoons organic sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries (3 oz) (85 g)
- 3 oz (90 ml) white rum
- 3/4 oz (20 ml) raspberry liqueur
- Champagne or sparkling wine
- fresh mint as garnish
- fresh raspberries as garnish
- Step 1: Place the lemon, mint leaves and sugar in a mixing glass. Using a muddler, crush the ingredients until the sugar has dissolved and the lemon has released its juice. Add the raspberries and continue to muddle until the raspberries are well mashed and have released their juices. Top with ice cubes, rum and liqueur. Shake vigorously until very cold.
- Step 2: Strain the mixture into two Champagne glasses. Top with a little Champagne or sparkling wine (the proportion should be 3 parts drink to 1 part Champagne). Garnish each glass with a mint leaf and a fresh raspberry threaded through a cocktail pick. Serve immediately.