I created this vinaigrette to drizzle on these grilled vegetable napoleons. But once I tasted it, I knew it deserved its own spot on this blog. Not only is it fabulous with anything grilled, it turns out to be a great salad dressing too, especially with summer vegetables.
The cayenne gives the vinaigrette a little kick, while the scallions add plenty of zest to it. This vinaigrette is a keeper!
Spicy scallion vinaigrette
makes 1 cup
active time: 10 min
- 3 scallions – root ends and top 3″ of green leaves trimmed and cut in 1/4″ slices
- 2 large garlic cloves – skinned
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a bowl and use immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Bring to room temperature before using.
Disclaimer: As always, my point of view is my own. I do not accept samples, and have no commercial relationship with any product, food or wine company.