Two of my favorite dessert recipes, combined! (Plus a luscious homemade chocolate syrup.)
Any dessert involving a warm chocolate sauce is pure joy, but this dessert is truly decadent: gooey, dark chocolate brownies topped with cold, minty gelato and drizzled with a luscious chocolate sauce – need I say more?!
Ready in minutes – perfect for dinner parties!
The best part, though, is that the gelato and brownies can be prepared ahead of time. So when you’re ready to serve, the only thing left to do is to make the chocolate sauce and plate the desserts, which only takes a few minutes – making these delicious treats perfect candidates for dinner parties. So dig in, and bon, bon, bon appétit!
Mint gelato sundae with dark chocolate brownies and warm chocolate sauce
active time: 1 hr 15 min (includes making the gelato & brownies)
- 2/3 cup to 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz (115 g) semisweet chocolate (preferably Callebaut, Scharffen Berger or Valhrona) – broken in 1/4″ pieces
- 1/4 recipe dark chocolate brownies – cut in 1″ squares
- 1 recipe fresh mint gelato with cacao nibs
- Step 1: To make the chocolate sauce – Place 2/3 cup cream in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat and place the pan on a cool surface. Add the chocolate pieces to the hot cream, stir so they are submerged and let stand for 2 to 3 minutes until the chocolate has melted. Whisk until the sauce is smooth. Add the extra cream, if needed, to the desired consistency.
- Step 2: To assemble the desserts – place one brownie square and one scoop of gelato in a glass or dessert bowl and drizzle with the warm chocolate sauce. Repeat, building 2 or 3 layers, finishing with the warm chocolate sauce. Serve immediately, before the gelato starts to melt.
Oh my. How scrumptious!
Thank you, El!
My husband would adore this dessert! I would need to hide the warm chocolate sauce or there wouldn’t be any left! A fantastic recipe!
Deb, I’m smiling, because I have to hide the chocolate sauce too… except it’s from myself 😉 Thank you!
DYING-I would kiiiilll for one of these sundaes!
Kayle! You do make me smile… I see one of these sundaes in your future! 😉