Sometimes, simple is best. Today’s cocktail is a basic margarita recipe, but it’s spiked with sweet, tart nectarine purée – simple yet incredibly luscious.
As a contrast to the ambrosial margarita, the rim is dressed with fleur de sel – delicate salt crystals that make your taste buds come alive. Take a sip… Cheers!
Nectarine margarita with fleur de sel rim
active time: 15 min
For the nectarine purée
- 2 medium ripe nectarines – unpeeled, pitted and flesh cut in 2″ chunks
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
For the rim
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fleur de sel
- 1 lime wedge
For the cocktail
- 4 1/2 oz (135 ml) silver Tequila
- 4 1/2 oz (135 ml) nectarine purée
- 1 1/2 oz (45 ml) Cointreau
- 3/4 oz (20 ml) fresh lime juice
- 3/4 oz (20 ml) lemon juice
- Step 1: To make the nectarine purée – Place the nectarine chunks and the lemon juice in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Scrape the sides of the bowl and process until liquidy. Transfer purée into large squeeze bottle. You should have 1 1/4 cup of purée, enough to make 4 margaritas. Refrigerate purée until ready to use. Refrigerate up to 1 day only as the purée oxidizes quickly.
- Step 2: Place the two salts in a small bowl and mix well. Spread on a small plate. Moisten the rim of the glasses with the lime wedge and dip the glass rim in the salts. Set aside.
- Step 3: For the cocktail – Shake the Tequila, nectarine purée, Cointreau, lime and lemon juices with ice cubes until a thin layer of frost appears on the outside of the shaker. Pour into the prepared glasses and serve immediately.
Pingback: Avocado salsa with cumin & homemade chips | Food & Style
Pingback: Avocado salsa with pan-roasted cumin and homemade tortilla chips — food & style
Pingback: Honeydew and Mezcal margarita with chipotle syrup — food & style
Pingback: L’heure du cocktail « MMY Coordination's Blog
Hello Viviane, I’ve been away in Oregon. Nice to see you’re still sharing your delicious recipes. We will have to try your Nectarine Margarita! Thank you!
Hi Donna! It’s so lovely to hear from you… Hope you’re having a great time in Oregon! Sending lots of Nectarine margarita cheers to you my dear!
The nectarine margarita itself sounds heavenly but add salt to the rim and it is even better! I would love a few of these…
This sounds like a delightful twist to a favorite drink!
Viviane, this looks positively luscious! I may have to whip this up over the Labor Day weekend… time to kick back with cocktails!
The color of this drink is fabulous. I can only image how delicious it would taste!
I want this! Perfect for sitting on my balcony and watching the sun set. Perhaps I should have 2….
Tequila is one of the only hard alcohols I drink. This margarita looks divine!
In this case, simple really IS the best. What a superb combination of flavors in one glass, I love the fruitiness of the cocktail!
That is a beautiful picture and the drink sounds fantastic! Sharing this one next time I have a mother/daughter night!
Oh word, I’m so glad I stumbled here. Now I never want to leave. Some nights scream for a margarita, but nectarines as well? Divine. (nb, your photos are exquisite).
Oh wow – I love how this is spiked some beautiful nectarine puree! Really brings the old margarita to a new high =)
Lovely recipe and photos!
Gorgeous (not that I would expect anything less!) and delicious! I just know this tastes fabulous…I adore nectarines…pure genius to add puree.
This looks so wonderful! A beautiful and elegant cocktail. I love nectarines 🙂
Love this! What a pretty and delicious drink.
What a pretty margarita! never would think to make a nectarine margarita! It looks so refreshing and I am SO ready for happy hour!
How uniquely delicious-nectarine is like the forgotten fruit. Thanks for bringing it in the limelight with this wonderful drink. Refreshing.
Must try this cocktail! Looks wonderful Viviane.
A beautiful photo and just delicious luscious drink!
Sara, Sandi, Thank you so much… and cheers!
Sometimes simple is best…agree. Your pictures tell the story!
This looks amazing – super delicious!! 🙂 Gorgeous photo.