We all love eating seasonal fruits, especially when picked from a local farm or bought at the farmers’ market, but what about making cocktails with these succulent fruits?
Here, a classic mixer gets a make-over. Made with sweet, plump Bing cherries, this mojito is not only colorful, it’s thirst-quenching and positively luscious!
Bing cherry mojito
active time: 10 min
- 1/2 large lime – cut in 1/2″ pieces
- 8 large mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons organic sugar
- 12 Bing cherries – pitted
- 3 oz (90 ml) white rum
- 3/4 oz (20 ml) cherry liqueur (Cherry Heering)
- 1/2 teaspoon cherry bitters
- club soda or sparkling water
- fresh mint sprigs as garnish
- Step 1: Place the lime, mint leaves and sugar in a mixing glass. Using a muddler, crush the ingredients until the sugar has dissolved and the lime has released its juice. Add the Bing cherries and continue to muddle until the cherries are well mashed and have released their juices. Top with ice cubes, rum, liqueur and bitters. Shake vigorously until very cold.
- Step 2: Place a few ice cubes in 2 tumblers. Strain the mixture into the glasses. Top with a little club soda or sparkling water (the proportion should be 3 parts drink to 1 part club soda). Garnish with a mint sprig and serve immediately.