I created this vinaigrette to drizzle on these grilled vegetable napoleons. But once I tasted it, I knew it deserved its own spot on this blog. Not only is it fabulous with anything grilled, it turns out to be a great salad dressing too, especially with summer vegetables.
The cayenne gives the vinaigrette a little kick, while the scallions add plenty of zest to it. This vinaigrette is a keeper!
Spicy scallion vinaigrette
makes 1 cup
active time: 10 min
- 3 scallions – root ends and top 3″ of green leaves trimmed and cut in 1/4″ slices
- 2 large garlic cloves – skinned
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a bowl and use immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Bring to room temperature before using.
Pingback: Grilled vegetable napoléons with spicy scallion vinaigrette — food & style
Pingback: Fresh tomato vinaigrette — food & style
Adora, Sandra, Ann I think this vinaigrette would go very well with grilled fish or chicken. It’s got some punch… I’ve been using it as a salad dressing too, with bitter greens and it’s a dream!
Delicious! I LOVE vinaigrettes – this one looks delicious! Grilled veggies, on top of a salad ….as a soup….!
Pingback: Grilled vegetable napoleons with spicy scallion vinaigrette — food & style
I agree with Adora…I would love this with anything grilled! sounds incredibly tasty!
This would be nice on a lot of things. Grilled fish perhaps?
Love this, so simple, fresh home made is best. Definitely will try this.